Dinosaur in Trouble: proudly serving Twin Cities music geeks

Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Following Post Was Translated From Hopelandic


Sigur Rós: they're not human

Since everyone in the Twin Cities was at the Sigur Rós show at the State Theatre (Saturday, 9-24-2005), I don’t need to spend too much time talking about it. I will say, however, that it was one of the most intensely beautiful things I’ve ever experienced.

Amina, Sigur Rós’s all-female string quartet, opened the show. Creating stunning music with the standard epic post-rock instruments (strings, keyboards, iBooks, etc.), as well as less conventional instruments (saw and bow, crystal glasses, etc.), Amina proved to us all that they were much more than a supporting cast of musicians. …I think I’m in love.


Amina (the lady sitting down is playing the saw. How cool is that?)

Sigur Rós was ridiculously gorgeous. I’m just glad I was able to sit down; I was a little weak in the knees. Any band that has complete emotional control over an entire audience is a damn powerful band. As I was leaving the venue, I felt a little more secure about the lump in my throat when I saw that half the audience had tears in their eyes. Did I mention that it was one of the most intensely beautiful things I’ve ever experienced?


Sigur Rós

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home