Dinosaur in Trouble: proudly serving Twin Cities music geeks

Monday, June 12, 2006

June 4 - Band of Horses

After four straight days of concerts, I still hadn’t had enough. So after the police shooed us off Grand Avenue, I made my way over to the Entry to check out Band of Horses. You have no idea how happy I was to be in the Entry. A day earlier, I was rollerblading through downtown Minneapolis, and I saw First Avenue on fire. I almost started crying. Luckily, it looked a lot worse than it actually was (the damage was mostly upstairs in the VIP room).

Anyway, Duplomacy opened and they sounded better than ever. Apparently, their debut album is finally coming out next month. I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait.


Duplomacy

Not diverting too far from the mood set by Duplomacy, Mt. Egypt (the project fronted by pro skateboarder Travis Graves) kept us entranced with their quiet but soulful songs.


Mt. Egypt

And Band of Horses proved once again that sometimes hype is very well deserved. They were flawless. Thanks to Band of Horses, this time First Avenue was only metaphorically on fire.


Band of Horses

Archives:
Duplomacy @ The Turf Club: September 21, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home