Dinosaur in Trouble: proudly serving Twin Cities music geeks

Thursday, June 08, 2006

May 20 - Mogwai


Mogwai

Trust me, you don’t really know Mogwai until you’ve experienced them live. The extreme dynamics of their music could never be adequately represented on a recording. At First Avenue, however, anything is possible. As usual, Mogwai was purely orgasmic. Just another indication that the Scots are taking over (throughout the past two and a half months, four phenomenal Scottish bands have graced me with their presence).


Mogwai

Almost as loud was the opening act – cerebral metal punks, Torche. That was a pretty daring move by Mogwai to bring Torche on tour with them. I say it was a wise decision. The uncool is becoming cool again. (I’m ahead of the game, though. I’ve recently been listening to Slayer with my car windows down.)


Torche

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home