Dinosaur in Trouble: proudly serving Twin Cities music geeks

Friday, April 01, 2005

I Smell Great!



Last night, I did something that I’ve never been able to do before. I spent hours in a bar hanging out with friends! Oh, how I used to hate being in bars that didn’t host live music. I don’t drink, so if there wasn’t a show going on, I had a lot of trouble putting up with smoke-filled bars – even if all my friends were there. The cigarette smoke would make me feel miserable, and I couldn’t stand the smell of my clothes afterwards.

Yesterday was the first day of the Hennepin County indoor smoking ban. My friends invited me out to a couple of bars, and I actually stuck around the entire night! My social life was no longer hampered by smoke-filled rooms. I actually felt a strong sense of freedom – I was free to have fun with friends in a bar, and I was free to breathe (opponents of the ban said that it would infringe on our freedom). Opponents also said that Minneapolis bars would lose a lot of money due to the ban. Well, Psycho Suzi’s and Keegan’s were both pretty crowded last night. Guess what. Even non-smokers like to drink, and a smoking ban is definitely not going to stop smokers from drinking. And even though I wasn’t buying alcohol, I was still spending money at the bars (and I’m a very good tipper). Guess how much money I used to spend at bars. Yep, $0.00.

I got home last night and I felt perfectly healthy. My pillow and bed sheets didn’t reek of stale smoke when I woke up, and I’m still wearing the same clothes that I wore yesterday – and I don’t smell like shit! Amazing!

To all the people who’ve been complaining about the smoking ban, I feel so sorry for you! I’m so sorry that you’ve been forced into considering how your actions affect other people. Haha, April fools!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're kidding. And if not, I blow my smoke in your wrinkled dinosaur face.

6:33 PM

 
Blogger Lee said...

No joke, Erin. Minneapolis has gone smoke-free, and I love it! You best prepare yourself - Austin will be next.

By the way, I have a very smooth dinosaur face.

11:13 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, Minneapolis has gone smokefree, and more cities, counties and states are jumping on the bandwagon. For updates on what's happening locally on this from, visit the American Lung Association of Minnesota blog...

10:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home