Dinosaur in Trouble: proudly serving Twin Cities music geeks

Friday, July 08, 2005

A Pictorial History of the Past Two Weeks, Part 1

Unfortunately, my good friend, Hema, had to ditch the Twin Cities for bigger and better things in…Athens, Ohio. I miss her a lot, but now I finally have an excuse to visit Athens. Yes, Athens: the home of R.E.M., and the bulk of the Elephant 6 Collective. What? I’m thinking of the wrong Athens? Oh, then surely this Athens must be the birthplace of the Olympics. No? Hmmm…Well, I hear they have quite the Halloween celebration where people dress up like Michael Stipe in an Olympic wrestling singlet.

Athens, OH during Halloween

Luckily, I was able to spend some quality time with Hema before she left. Here’s what we did:

A nice, low-key performance by Fitzgerald and Romantica at the Entry:

Left = Romantica. Right = Fitzgerald

A vegetarian-friendly barbeque with Hema’s buddies from work:

Do I really need to demonstrate what a "baster" is for?

A tour of lovely downtown St. Paul:

The Cathedral


View of the Capitol from Cathedral Hill

Pride Festival in Loring Park:

(I forgot to take any pictures, so you'll have settle for this pretty picture I found from 2001 Pride.)

And peanut butter and jelly sandwiches:

The ones we made looked nothing like this.

Alright, Hema. I’ll have to come visit you during Halloween. I already have my costume picked out:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, Lee! That's so sweet. Guess what? I've already caught on to the local music scene here, and have gotten a chance to witness a show! (More about it when we next talk). Also, I went to the grocery store today and bought natural peanut butter and grape jelly and thought of you. My Rhapsody is playing a station called Lee (strange!) and all trhe songs remind me of you (very, very strange!!).

ps: Thank you for the wonderful times. I look forward to you visiting me here.

1:22 AM

 
Blogger PDgirl said...

well learnhow to make a damn pb an j up to par, lee. i mean, seriously...

1:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home